Unfortunately, anyone can develop varicose veins but some people are more at risk of getting them than others.
You’re more likely to develop varicose veins if:-
- Family members have suffered from them
- If you’re a woman (it is more common in women than men)
- You’re over the age of 50
- You’re overweight or obese
- You’re pregnant
- You stand or still daily for a long period of time
There are several factors that may mean you’re more at risk than developing varicose veins and they can be very painful, so it’s important to speak to a Doctor if you suffer from them.